Endurance Racing 2019 Revisions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endurance Racing 2019 Revisions

The evolution of LEAN endurance racing continues... we told you things may change, and they have.

Here are revised thoughts about the 2019 season.
    • The 4-hour Team Endurance class will include light/middle/heavyweight displacement classes.
    • The 4-hour Pony Express class will be open displacement. For example, a team with lightweight and middleweight bikes will compete against a team with middleweight and heavyweight bikes.
    • Ultra-lightweight bikes will have their own 2-hour endurance race.
    • There will be no 4-hour Iron Butt class.
    EDIT: Please see the racing rulebook at leantd.com for complete rules.
    Last edited by swang; 06-04-2019, 08:18 AM.

Couple questions:
    1) What bikes fit into ULW? i.e., just 300s or are the Ninja 400s allowed in as well (hopefully not)
    2) On the 2 hour ride limit rule - is that "pro-rated" i.e., 2 hours of riding every 2.5 hours - so you could do an hour, 15 minutes off, an hour, 15 min off etc.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Ultra-Lightweight = WERA E & F class motorcycles. From the WERA rulebook,

E SUPERSTOCK EXPERT & NOVICE
      Up to 350cc 4-stroke air or water-cooled twins
      Up to 375cc 4-stroke air or water-cooled singles

F SUPERSTOCK EXPERT & NOVICE
      200-250cc 4-stroke air or water-cooled twins
      200-250cc 4-stroke air or water-cooled singles

During an endurance event, a rider may not ride more than two consecutive hours. So, a rider could ride for an hour, take a 15 min break, and ride again.

Not sure what you're trying to accomplish... remember, a one-man team is not allowed to run the 4-hour. And endurance races are not practice or test/tune sessions. Call or email me if you want to discuss...

Thanks,

Sam

Comment

Working...
      X